1.Undersecretary of the Ministry of Manpower for Labour, Deputy Chairman.
2.Representative of the:(at least Undersecretary Grade.)
- Ministry of Finance
- Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
3.Chairman of Oman Chamber of Commerce and Industry
4.Representative of the: (at least General Manager Grade.)
- Ministry of Health
- Ministry of Social Development
5.PASI General Manager.
6.Chairman of the General Federation Of Oman Trade.
7.Two from the Employers nominated by Oman Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
8.Two from the insured persons nominated by the General Federation of Oman Trade.
- Supervising the law, regulations and decisions implementation, and taking the necessary action to achieve its objectives and improve the work progress.
- Establishment and modification of the organizational framework of the Authority in line with its responsibilities, expanding its activities, setting out the detailed functions of its administrative divisions and future amendment of the same in coordination with the authorities concerned and determining the financial and administrative powers of the Authority's Director General.
- Issuing decisions, regulations, and internal policies related to the finance administration and technician and personnel affairs without adherence to the Government rules and regulations.
- Evaluation and periodical performance assessment reports and issuing the necessary suggestions for enhancement of the performance level.
- Study of plans and approving the draft of the current and investment budget of the Authority.
- Approval of the Authority's financial reports in coordination with the Financial Affairs, Ministry of Finance.
- Approval of the Authority's annual final accounts and financial reports within three months at the end of the financial year.
- Laying the general plan for the investment of the Authority's funds, approval of the investment scopes in coordination with the Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of National Economy and taking the necessary action for implementation of the same.
- Formulate the Social Insurance law and making proposals on the same.
- Hiring actuaries to inspect and prepare the Authority's financial status.
- Investing the Authority's funds.
- Hiring one auditor or more than one to work directly under the chairman of board of directors and defining audit fees, who shall audit the Authority’s accounts.
- Receiving grants, wills, subsidies and donations.